Monday, October 02, 2006

Eventful Weekend

I decided to travel back to Klang with my friends last weekend as I had not been back for 3 weeks. The trip back to Klang was rather "short" because I slept in the car for pretty much the whole trip. I didn't do much Friday night because my buddy's too tired, and was occupied with "Black Hawk Down." Nonetheless, I managed to spend some quality time with my family members.

Saturday was quite an eventful day. The first thing I did after waking up is to go play with Jaynie, my cute baby niece. The angelic smile on her face when she saw me was just PRICELESS. Her smile and enthusiasm in her small little cradle just made the trip back even more worthwhile than it already was. I spent quite some time with Jaynie before going to my PC and print out the music sheet for Yiruma's "Kiss The Rain" (a really nice piano piece). I tried to play the piece through once, but boy was it hard. The notes in the "Kiss The Rain" were so high up (several octaves higher than usual) that I had difficulty reading the notes, as I don't usually play those notes in a normal piano piece. What to do? I've gotten rusty, so had to get a pen and write down the alphabet for the notes, C, D, E, F, G, .... After some extra effort, I managed to play the piece once through, though with many unnecessary pauses and hitting the wrong notes. The only comfort that I had was, I'd only get better the next time I play it.

After having some homemade yam cake, I rushed for Young Adult Fellowship at Jason's place. The meeting was pretty casual. Jason threw a thought for discussion on what it means to live a joyful life to all the Young Adults. We shared, and discussed about the topic for the next hour or so. Jason shared about his ordeal in Vietnam. I shared about how I bumped into this Hispanic ex-motorcycle gang member who claimed that he had turned over a new leaf, and made me part with USD80 when I was on business trip in US. Uncle Beng also shared very very briefly how he parted with some money and still trying to get it back. I don't think I'll elaborate further just in case Auntie Alice so happens bump into my blog. Hehehe.... =P

The YAF meeting ended around 12:30pm. I had to rush to Subang Jaya for the capoeira class in Celebrity Fitness. It was already 1:00pm by the time I reached CF, and the class had started. Nonetheless, I jumped right in and learned some new capoeira moves. Still find it amusing that those aunties who're well over 40 trying really hard to execute those capoeira moves requiring much agility and nimbleness. I spent about 2.5 hours in the gym before heading home to help out with babysitting Jaynie.

I've got to admit, babysitting a newborn is seriously a mega difficult task. If Jaynie's sleeping soundly or behaving all's good and well. However, if she starts crying, the headache and frustration starts. Reason being, you can't really figure out if she really needs something like food/drink, diaper change, sleep, pacifier, etc, OR... she's simply trying to be difficult or naughty. Yes, baby can be naughty and throw tantrums also. If she cries because she needs something taken care of, it is still manageable. However, the latter is harder, because you'll have to carry her around until she's sleepy, or satisfied, whichever comes first. Else, you'll have to carry her around for hours. You must be wondering, why not just put her down? Of course I tried that, but she would start crying instantaneously, how interesting...

Saturday night was pretty quiet, went for Mamak with my buddy WT, and played online game for the rest of the night. I also received news from dear gnelia that she's been elected as the VP of her YM. Was happy for her and promised to buy her a nice lunch/dinner, even if it meant that I had to wash plates to pay for it. =P We decided to have lunch the next day at Central.

After Sunday Worship, met up with Gnelia at Central for lunch. I was prepared to buy her an expensive lunch. However, she was not feeling too well, so she only ordered Seafood porridge and a cup of drink. I on the other hand, ordered the cheese rice which is twice more expensive than the porridge. Silly me... I was supposed to buy her an expensive lunch, not myself. We had an enjoyable lunch together before parting. She had to rush back for a badminton game, and a wedding dinner at night. I went back and helped babysit Jaynie a little before getting ready to travel back to Kulim.

The travel back to Kulim wasn't too bad, slept a little, and chatted with my friends to help ease the 5-hour journey. Reached Kulim around 11pm, and cleaned up a little before heading to bed. There goes my weekend... Another week awaits me, will the annoucement be made this week? Will my counterparts survive the onslaught of the efficiency exercise? Or rather, will I be one of the unlucky ones? Only God knows, and I'll leave it to Him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home