Saturday, September 09, 2006

Drive to Ipoh + A Walk Down Memory Lane

I left Klang today around 7:30am together with my Mom, Dad, and younger sis for Ipoh to pick up my niece, baby Jaynie, from Ipoh. She was left at the care of the grandmother previously. However, due to unforeseen turn of events, Jaynie's grandmom's health problem came back to torment her. Therefore, she could not take good care of Jaynie, and requested for my mom's help.

We reached Menglembu, Ipoh around 10:30am and wanted to have brunch at Eastern Ocean Restaurant in Menglembu, as they serve prett decent food at a decent price. Unfortunately, it was not open until 11:45am. So, we went to have Dim Sum first at a nearby restaurant. Dim Sum in Menglembu's really nice and affordable, the "Har Kau" actually had 3-4 big prawns in them, can you believe that?!?

After a semi-light Dim Sum, we went back to Eastern Ocean and had our lunch. Hehehe... I think I gained an extra kg or two today, because of this. We had pork hand, fish cooked with minced ginger, noodles, and waterchesnut dessert. The food was decent as expected. =)

We went to pick up Jaynie from her grandmother's place after that, and went straight back to Klang. The drive back was quite challenging, as I was tired after long hours of travelling, and it was raining cats and dogs pretty much the whole journey back. It rained even heavier when I reached Klang around 4:30pm.

After unloading/unpacking Jaynie's baby stuff, it was already 5pm. Thereafter, my family spent some quality time together, with Jaynie keeping us occupied most of the time with her needs/demands. I never realized how hard it was to take care of a baby until my sister gave birth to Jaynie. If the baby's needs are not met within relatively short amount of time, she'll cry and cry and cry; with each cry more significant/immense than the previous ones, until her needs/demands are met. Trust me, it's not easy to figure out what they want by just listening to the cries. It's mostly trial and error. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity here to salute ALL mothers! =P

After dinner, I was browsing through some old contents in my computer, and I found pictures taken from my university days. They really brought me down memory lane, reminding me of people, places, and things that I encountered years ago. I don't think I changed much, except I looked a little younger. =)

Here's me, with the FIRST ever snowman that I built when I was studying in Pennsylvania, USA.


I was thinking of posting more... but since I have a Neutral Expert personality, I changed my mind. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home